Freelander Tyres

Hopefully not too off-topic but punctured my tyre (in the central tread area caused by a piece of flint) whilst green-laning the other day (yep it does work off-road). Took it into Kwik Fit (that reputable firm) and he quoted me £16 to repair it but when one of the fitters looked at it he said the hole was too big and was a split and they only do holes. Quoted me £100 for another tyre which I declined. He did mention when returning my tyre that a

4 x 4 place might be able to fix it. Is one correct in assuming they were trying to rip me off and that another place could fix it.
Reply to
Graham Naismith

The law on what is repairable or not applies the same to any tyre centre. However, my experience with Kwik Fit has been entirely lousy.

Whereabouts are you? Perhaps someone could suggest a good tyre fitter.

If you are in South Yorkshire drop in and see Adrian or Darren at ATS in Barnsley. They don't see as much of me as they used to and are not the cheapest place in the world, but they always play it straight (and have even lent me tools).

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Thanks for the help. I'm in Caterham, Surrey. Don't suggest my local dealer - £840 for a 72000 mile service and the three things I asked them to do they didn't, 25 miles on the clock and returned it in a mess despite their promise to valet it. Guess I'm preaching to the converted with you guys though.

Reply to
Graham Naismith

Find yourself a mobile fitter. I paid ?95 for 2 Michelins including VAT where ATS wanted something like ?85 pounds or more a piece.

Reply to
MDW