New Shoes

Got me some second hand wheels and tyres...

Now can i be arsed to keep 2 sets....

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Course you can. Looks excellent BTW.

Reply to
EMB

"Mark Solesbury" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

I like the original ones better mate. But it still looks cool.

Reply to
Nige

Im still not sure... Old ones look like that have shrunk :s

Mark Solesbury

Mark Solesbury uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yes keep the other set. I wouldn't go on a motorway with Grizzy claws. :-(

Shame as they are a cracking off road tyre. Make sure you look up the part number for half shafts ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Its got maxi drive half shafts in it, which apparently have a lifetime warranty if they break according to the place where i bought it from.. It could be sales bollocks though!!

What tyres have you got on snowy then Lee?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Mark Solesbury uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Result! Have you got locking diffs too?

Yokahoma (sp?) Geolandar. They cost an arm and a leg (ok not that bad but 5 in one hit with wheels) but as we were doing some big miles to follow through France with the caravan on then I though better of chancing the old BFG's which have to be said are a cracking tyre - quite litterally in our case. Once I'd pulled the wheels off I found a few cut's in the inner wall that left me feeling very lucky indeed - they must have been old as they were out of production. Not that the 110 gets above 55 when towing and full of clobber, dogs and kids, but that doesn't mean I'd like to chance it anyway.

Whilst I've not actually given them a punishing off road yet (other than our tinkering green laning / tree felling / lane abatement missions) I can say that they are not as noisey as the old Bronco terminators that were on percy. Yep another Bronco tyre which I was pleased with performance wise both on road and off but always had me worried about failure since reading the Grizlzy claw threads that abound the internet.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Looks cool, fills the wheel wells too ... ;)

What are they, 33 x 12.5's?

Reply to
Paul - xxx

265/75/16 - 31.6"x 10.4"

for some reason they look massive!

Not sure if i am gonna keep them though...

Ill keep the rims, and prolly change the tyres. They are really loud and bumpy on the road...

Need something a little less meaty! Probably go for the same size though :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury