Front Wipers

When I bougth the car the wipers did not park properly and it was confirmed that a new "park" switch would be supplied

Now they do work fully but the intermittrent comes on every 3 seconds, the normal ones very rapidly and teh speed ones result in the wipers almost becoming airborne

Any comments/advice ?!?

Reply to
Julian Pollard

On or around Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:22:16 +0100, "Julian Pollard" enlightened us thusly:

sounds like the motor is iffy. what model?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes, and it sounds like they've not just changed the switch but maybe fitted another motor, possibly the wrong one. Best thing to do is just ask them if you've only just bought it.

Reply to
Oily

Its a 1998 300tdi 90 which I bought 9 months ago so its too late to take it up with the garage

I suppose the best solution is simply to live with it but thanks for the thoughts

Reply to
Julian Pollard

In message , Julian Pollard writes

I timed my intermittent this morning and it is roughly 3 - 4 secs. (1998 V8i 90)

Reply to
hugh

Might be worth taking the wiper switch apart. The column shrouds come off easily and you'll be able to see the connections etc. Mine, when I had similar troubles, were filthy. Quick blow out, brush with a paintbrush and spray with contact cleaner and all is well .. ;)

Worth a try anyhow .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

And in my case, cleaning/polishing the wiper motor commutator gave it a new lease of life. I've a nasty feeling this is really hard to do on the Britpart copy ones. It's certainly awkward on the originals (Lucas?).

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig