FS: 2x 101 GS's

The first one is awfully tempting, would like another, but Emma tells me the one is bankrupting us :o( Do you recon they'd swap it for a trailer :o) Darned ebay, always tempting me to spend more money.

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

Chassis 95600036. That's quite an early one isn't it?

Bit of a state it's in tho.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

It's an early 'number', but still a Feb 75 build (you can't always go on the chassis number, either - sadly).

Yeabut a smashing project. I much prefer the minter - especially the superb 'out of the factory' paint job.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:47:44 +0000, Alex enlightened us thusly:

hard to tell but the gas kit with it looks like one of Chris Perfect's, in which case, a new one is about 600 notes, so if it's unused, that's worth a few quid.

but the real question is what shape the chassis is in, I guess.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Most of the ones I've looked at are like this

[ ] [==========================] [ [ [ [ ] [ [ [ [ ] [==========================] [ ]

;-)

Theres not aloto to worry about with 101 Chassis' .. but attention needs to be paid to the rear crossmember, they are available and repairable... the rest is a straight ladder section so simplicity itself to repair/replace.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

ROTFL!

Shame you're not using a fixed width font, but otherwise, CLASSIC!

Reply to
Mother

Forget it Austin - it's out of your league...

You couldn't handle a 101...

You'd hate it...

Just in case...

Reply to
Mother

You don't think he was trying to infer that the rear X-member was in three bits do you ?

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Its a beautiful restoration job he's done there. Very impressive. Superb attention to detail. Should have thought its worth every penny of what he is asking.

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

On or around Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:48:49 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

bugger off. I can't afford it. I wish I could, but I can't. Trying to see a way of reducing me overdraft by a grand in the next 2 months at the moment, not increase the f***er even more.

mind... if it really did go for 500 notes...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I was tempted when I saw it at Billing last year, pics at:

I'd give a whole lot more if the radio kit was included too...

Reply to
Mother

Yup, know the feeling well, you're right, of course, quite right...

It'd still be a steal at a Grand, but no, you are absolutely right, silly to even think about it...

Reply to
Mother

OK who bought the shiny one then come on own up

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

Twas Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:44:33 -0000 when "Mike Jones Super Hero" put finger to keyboard producing:

The wife scowled at me when I pointed it out.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I'm not even going to risk showing the wife!!... Although if I had access to a local farmyard, etc... I would not need to, just get it anyway, and introduce it on a good day.... Hmmm, even that may be frought with problems.. ah well!

Chris

Reply to
zoom