Fuel guage.....stuck?

OK this is probably not on the most urgent list of stuff, but my fuel guage has stuck at the half way point. I expect it could be the unit in the dieseld tank itself, if this is the case has anyone any idea how big / expensive a job it is to repair or replace? The car in question is a 1994 Disco named ED, pronounced EEE Deee, or Edie not Eddie or Ed. Have fun everyone. You helped me to research and finally chose this car and I am very grateful because for the past 16 months she has proven herself a trustworthy and loyal car.

Reply to
Cyberwraith

Access to the pump/sender unit is under a little cover in the rear floor under the carpet. In theory the swap is easy, but corroded pipes often make life more compicated. Check the wiring first for damge though.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

OK thanks for the info, I shall get onto it tomorrow. The wiring check will give me something to do.

Reply to
Cyberwraith

In message , Cyberwraith writes

You're a Land Rover owner and you NEED to be given something to do????? We could start the longest ever thread in the history of Usenet. Things that need doing on my Land Rover....

Reply to
hugh

Well Hugh, I have been very lucky with Edee. Yes when I first bought her she did go wrong a few times. A recon rear dif, and a new cylinder head gasket. Since then she has been a very trustworthy and loyal car. I have had her serviced, she sailed through the MOT, last month I had her underside and chassis weather proofed. I can honestly say that I love this car and look forward to driving her. I keep a check on this group and do realise that many things go wrong with many Landrovers. I must be lucky. Naturally having boasted I fully expect Sod'd Law now to kick in and something very expensive go wrong, haha? I do try and keep on top of anything that I suspect might become a problem and my local Land Ranger Services are fantastic. Being disabled there are not many jobs I am capable of these days, especially not on such a beast as this. I would not change her for a bag full of toffee.

Reply to
Cyberwraith

In message , Cyberwraith writes

Which LRS do you use - I've used Middlewich fairly regularly over the last 10 years or so, and they are good.

Reply to
hugh

I use the one in Atherton, my home town. They are just four minutes down the road!

Reply to
Cyberwraith