Fuel Pump Fault Fixed

As per suggestions from Nige and others on my previous posts, I re-wired the fuel pump on the D1 today, 15mins of a job, took a feed from the existing FP relay in the kickpanel straight to the wiring plug in the top of the fuel tank under the boot floor and hey presto :-)

It must have been a wiring issue as the relay was operating correctly from the ECU and pushing 12v out on the right wire but when I tested the wire where it emerges in the boot at the tank connector it was dead. Not sure if it went via some sort of sensor but I am not fussed as it now works, I would like to have traced where the fault actually was but would probably have wasted too much time and might never have found it.

Happy days!!

Thanks for all the tips.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Lee_D

Reply to
Nige

Any other day this week and I could have but off to Brum on the train 1st thing!!

What you bought now :-)

Reply to
Andy

You missed utter carnage here today mate

Reply to
Nige