Fully OT '85 BMW 7 series

Copy-Paste from snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Just for grins........... :-)

Martin.

Chris, I also own an 85' seven series, see post #281. It is a fabulious car, an absloute marval, but like any car that is almost 19 years old, you will be spending time and money on it. Things to watch out for: Stearing, tie rod, idler arm so on. they are probaly warn. Every bushing, control arms, sub frame, trailing arm... every susbention bushing. rusting exhaust vacume leaks, in engine and climate controls. The thumb wheels and switchs in the climate control (most nortorious problem, expencive, but there are some cheep fixes. see earlier posts about micro switch) The cables off of the seat motors are too short, replace them with longer cables or put shims in, if the seat ajustments stop working that is probaly the problem. The power stearing hydrolic resivor tends to leak. There is also a ballon in the the "break bomb" that may loose it's nitrogen charge. above the cam there is an oiler. The front screw tends to lossen and come off, causing wear on the lobs for cylenders 1 and 2. CHECK ON THIS. If the screw is loose make sure you clean out all of the oil from threads on both the screw and the car, and then use lock tight on the screw, should hold for at least 15-20,000 miles. You should also ajust the valves at about that interval, so take that oportunity to check on the screw. Make sure all of the fuel lines are still in good conditon, they may be origional... mine were, and I have had more then one fuel leak. One that may hide from you is a line off of the fuel rail, it ducks in below the manifold, and to a cold start injector. well thats about all i can write at the moment. but there are a few more things i should mention. also feel free to email me Ty

Reply to
Martin IJspeert