Further to: Disco - how can I?

hi all In case anyone is interested I solved the problem of the annoying 'beep' when the drivers door is opened for any length of time. Please see below: -

I changed the driver's door switch from LR's fitting to a new switch for a Volvo 940. The problem is now solved. No annoying 'beep' The only 'mod' I had to perform was the enlarging (slightly) of the recieving hole. I extended the hole upwards to accept the new switch, nice tight fit. The Volvo switch has 2 male tangs, as opposed to LR's one, however, this is not a problem, use the right hand tang on the Volvo switch (screw hole uppermost) refit the unit - job done. To operate - open door - 'beep' starts, push switch in and turn switch 1/4 turn clockwise, 'beep' stops. The switch resets itself back to the norm when door closes.

I hope this helps anyone who is annoyed by this 'beep'. DustyV

Reply to
DustyV

snipped

Cheers for the tip, Dusty, I'll store it asway until the time when the beep gets too much to bear :-)

Regards Steve G

remove the nospam to email me

Reply to
SteveG