diff lock

evnin" a slight prob. when I engage diff lock on my 300tdi 90 the light doesn't come on, ive had a look at the light cluster and with a tester seem to think that the light its self is ok so is there any way I can test to find out if the diff lock is in fact locking ??(for the want of a better word)and to find out if it is the light that is at fault. thanks in anticipation. Les....email: snipped-for-privacy@tiscaliNOSPAM.co.uk.. drop NOSPAM to reply

Reply to
Les Milner

On or around Mon, 25 Aug 2003 07:22:28 +0100, "Les Milner" enlightened us thusly:

Engage what should be difflock, jack up one wheel, handbrake off (chocking the opposite side wheels would be a good plan) and you shouldn't be able to turn it. If the diff lock is not engaged, the wheel should turn.

The various linkages might be stiff.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

thanks each, will try all ideas. Les....email: snipped-for-privacy@tiscaliNOSPAM.co.uk.. drop NOSPAM to reply

Reply to
Les Milner

Just a thought but I was told (and it happens on my D90) that there is (sometimes) a built in 'delay' before the light comes on ...........(safety feature) by the same token if it does not go out my instructor at the time (Ex Army) says to engage reverse, drive and wiggle a bit (the steering not yer bum) and Clive's yer Cousin !!

Mick

Reply to
AndWhyNot

Just a thought but I was told (and it happens on my D90) that there is (sometimes) a built in 'delay' before the light comes on ...........(safety feature) by the same token if it does not go out my instructor at the time (Ex Army) says to engage reverse, drive and wiggle a bit (the steering not yer bum) and Clive's yer Cousin !!

Mick

sorry if this re-posts - trouble with t' pooter

Reply to
AndWhyNot