RR radio cassette knobs

My 93 RR SE has an RDS radio cassette system and as far as I know it's the original standard fitment. It's a nice unit and the sub woofer is excellent (pitty about the lack of CD changer though), but who fitted it half a mile from the driver? As I grope to find the rather fiddly volume control, I wonder about modifying it.

What I'd like to do is glue (or otherwise attach) a new knob onto the top of the old one, however, if I muck it up I could be stuck without a button at all.

Does anyone know if the on/off - volume control knob can be simply pulled off and then pushed back on again?

Also, how do I find out what the model number is so I can replace other buttons. I presume the make is Clarion, but that's about all I can find. Unfortunately I don't even have a users manual as this must have been lost by a previous owner.

TIA Martyn

Reply to
Martyn Cottrell

Hi Martyn

The model number should be on the unit if you can ease it out. Depending on how its fixed in, a metal coathanger cut and bent into 2 u-shaped tools should release the corner catches.

HTH

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff J

Where is the sub woofer in your vehicle? The reason I ask is because I have a 89 RR and want to fit a sub. I was thinking of constructing a sealed enclosure in the boot but if there is a better way I'm all for it.

Reply to
Hugh Hogan