Fwd: Freelander viscous coupling

I MOT'd a mates Freelander last night and gave it a quick check over as he was complaining that if he puts it on full lock it feels like the brakes have come on, I took this as transmission wind up I check the viscous coupling and there is no movement between the input and output side I jacked one rear wheel up and tried to turn it to no avail as I understand it the coupling only 'locks' up when there's a lot of slip between input and output sides so my question is "is it buggered or not"

Andy

Reply to
Blippie

Coud you MOT my Bosnian mates pram !!! Check out the Land Rover News Group - its normal behaviour for the coupling.

Reply to
R101