Glue

specifically, the rapid version of JB Weld, which used to be sold sd JB Kwik.

anyone seen any for sale or know where it might be got?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Not specifically, but if you tell me wot it's for and wot it does I can ask in aMniyd eHtanig next time I'm in Treorchy. They've got most oddities therein.

Reply to
Sena

The message from Sena contains these words:

I've never been in there before, honest Fran.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Guy King contains these words:

Nor have I - do I detect a trend here?

Reply to
Jaques d'Alltrades

On or around Sat, 28 Feb 2004 00:08:24 -0000, Sena enlightened us thusly:

just gluing stuff. It's 2-part epoxy, basically, but better than the Araldite Rapid, IMHO. and unavailable, buggrit. Halfrauds etc used to sell it. You can still find JB Weld (aka epoxy steel) around, which is very good but is slow setting.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Try looking for a model/craft shop and get some of their "5 minute" expoxy - sounds like more or less what you want and available cheap in large quantities.

You'll also find "5 ton" epoxy - take it at its word - I once "accidentally" glued a toolbox to a workbench with this stuff - ended up stripping the surface off the workbench to get it off again.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

"accidentally"

H'mmm... so I could in effect glue a mates car to the road ......interesting! Recovery would also be fun :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Most hardware stores might have it, and most auto parts stores should have it. Failing that, some truck stops *might* have it. Given that you've probably already lwked in hardware stores, and almost certainly have checked the auto parts stores, gel the truck stops. Marine supply houses, TAAW.

Reply to
Lane Gray, Czar Castic

Austin Shackles's best pigeon dodged hawks and farmer's guns to bring me the following:

Only place I've ever seen it sold is by pushy salesmen in the patent gizmos section at exhibitions.

Reply to
David Reid

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 21:03:41 +0000, Austin Shackles scrawled in the dust...

This place

(look in Motoring -> Car& Jbexshop consumables) sells it by mail order. Mined ewe, the US$ cevprseems to be a lot cheaper ($3.98) than honest-johns (£7.15).

Reply to
tuppence

The message from tuppence contains these words:

With a wonderful greengrocers' not-quite-apostrohpe - "MAGNETIC TORCH (with batterys)"

Reply to
Guy King

The message from tuppence contains these words:

Honest John, Honest John: The Others are a Con....

Reply to
Jaques d'Alltrades