Got Had @ the LRO !!

Buggers,

Got had on 4 new Shocks for my Series.............

Brand New Monroe R3407 x 4. Took one out to have a look to see if fits .......... Like Hell.

Had them clearly written on the Box, Landrover 2 & 2A Shocks.

So guess I have 4 New Shocks to get rid of, Does anyone know if Monroe have a HQ in the UK have a good mind to phone and see if I carnt make a plan ;-)

Oh well, and least it wasnt a major ouch on the wallet.

Reply to
Igundwane

Have you got 4 fronts or 4 rears? I belive they are different but may be wrong. Dave

1986 V8 90
Dave

Just been trundling round the garage with a torch, and Nope they dont fit the front either !!

Oh well ...........

Will try and find out what they fit tommorow.

Reply to
Igundwane

In what way don't they fit? Do they have the hoop on each end or a pin? Or are they too long/short?

Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

Hoops both ends, however these already have bushes, internal diameter is the size of the Nut and Bolt that held the others on, which btw have seperate rubber bushes that fit in on the lhs and rhs of each hoop. Even If i was to try and remove the new bushes they still wouldnt fit as the gaps appear to be to big and they would happily flop around.

Generally smaller as well.

Reply to
Igundwane

Right Phoned Tenneco UK this morning, and found out that these Shocks that are Being Sold @ the Landrover Shows are in fact made for ...................Wait for it....

Morris Ital and the Sherpa .Both Front Shocks.

So if you come across any cheap R3407 Monroe Shocks Dont Touch Them.

The Original Landrover Shock Part Nos are R4006.

Seems the Tech Division is getting very unhappy with people selling these off, as they are getting more and more phone calls about them.

Reply to
Igundwane

Can't imagine there is much market for Morris Ital spares! Sherpa might be different.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Which company/stand sold them to you? The organisers should have full address details for each trader.

Ed PS We'd all know to avoid them as well next time.

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed