Green Laning in France...

Does anyone know what the law is in France with regard to Green Laning, what can and cant you drive?

Also, what are the best maps? IGN - Top 25 series??

Next time we go over the water I'd like to hunt a few lanes out - Any suggestions? We will be going from Zebrugge down towards Annecy.

Thanks Jon

Reply to
Jon

I have heard that Greenlaning as we know it does'nt exist. All the land in France is owned by individuals and you need L Owners permission to drive on it. that can be a problem as the French tend to split land up between sons in the family and the plots can be quite small. However as I said this is only what I have read and I am probably wrong.

Reply to
Hirsty's

M'mmm interesting... Can anyone confirm this (or otherwise)?

thanks Jon

Reply to
Jon

I think its actually that greenlaning doesn't exist as such because the lanes are actually roads and used as such.

Try getting in touch with

, they run weekendsaround northern france but Eric (1 of the owners) is a helpful soul and maywell be able to tell you the rules and regs Rich

Reply to
Rich Clafton

I have sent Eric an email - hopefully that will shed some light on the situation.

Many Thanls. Jon

Reply to
Jon