Ha! ha!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!. Ah ha ha!. Ha ha ha ha.

Ha haha ha haha ha ha ha.

Some poeple realy do believe the adverts! Three inches of water! Ha ha ha ha!

Ha ha ha ha ha.....

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

Which one were you cackling at, the one with the "breakdown recovery van" as our sharp-eyed journalists label it? Or the daft chavs in about 4 inches of water in the punto/fiesta/nova/whatever.

If it's the driver of the pickup, he looks more like he's been pulled out of somewhere deeper, the rear is deeper in than the front. Perhaps I'm just being too kind ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Wouldn't he wait until he was back on dry land before attempting to remove the rope? So the opposite is more likely to be true and I don't imagine that he was about to rescue someone.

Reply to
Dougal

Maybe, maybe not, who can tell, who could care a fig either way!

What is really a national crisis is that I've flogged sommat on fleabay for about £80 and those basts at paypal, who you have to use and can't charge extra for, have nicked almost £3 of the loot that I get, on top of fleabay's charges... The phrase "spit roast" springs to mind.. No wonder people charge £10 for postage.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Maybe he had been thrown the rope and was trying to attach it. Still just a few inches of water, take off your socks, roll up yer trousers. Keep shoes on, you don't know whats under the water...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

How the hell do you take your socks off while keeping your shoes on? Do you wear your shoes on your hands? Or your socks on your hands and talk to them?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I hadn't thought of that - so it's both!

Possibly, but the sides of the vehicle look remarkably cleam :-)

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

It depends on what I've been up to for the previous hour or two in my case!

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

Even more Haa haa.....

SimonJ

It's odd how some cars just can't handle the water, a small flood near me was about 9 inches deep, my Audi A4 just chugged through it but on the way back a vauxhall of some kind had been killed by it. Driver hadn't driven fast apparently. No-one else had tried going through it, even the local road-going 4x4s had turned back. It happens several times a year on this tiny road, farmland run-off saturates the drains.

Aha so that proves my point, it's been cleaned by deep water ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Now catch up young man - we've already been there!

Reply to
Dougal

The only reason I suggested taking your socks off before paddling in flood water is so that they are warm and dry to put on your cold feet once you have taken your cold, wet, shoes off afterwards.

No wonder the country is in such a state if people need precise instructions for every simple task.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I know that ("trench foot"), but how do you take them off while keeping the shoes on!

Maybe people taking themselves too seriously and being too quick to assume faults in others is part of the problem?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

How much would you charge to accept credit card payments without Paypal?

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

No idea, but daylight robbery is hardly justified because they make it "easy". A quid at the most would be acceptable.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Commercial rates are 2.5%-ish - Paypal are charging nearly 4 !

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

On or around Sat, 7 Jul 2007 07:05:12 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

crappy design, often. air intake about 6" above the deck and just behind the front bumper. Seen several like that and they die in very little water, worse, they inhale water and f*ck the engine. stupid idea.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I thought they had rules about you not being able to disable paypal, never tried it yet.

Yes, I have to confess that when I'm buying I tend to skip over those who don't accept paypal as it's easier for the buyer to just pay via that, but that's because it's engineered that way. If the buyer had to pay then people would think twice about buying using it, so of course fleabay make it dead easy to buy using it and expensive to sell using it. A cunning plan.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

So do I, and most people I suspect. Remember paypal offers instant payment so you can get it shipped to you fast. Who can be arsed to write a cheque, post it off, and wait a week for the seller to clear it. It also offers buyer protection on most purchases which you lose if you post off a cheque. For buyers it's a no-brainer to skip over those who refuse paypal.

In fact as a seller I far prefer to receive paypal too, people usually pay in a few hours and I can post the item straight away. If they insist on a cheque I have to wait for the post, then get it to the bank during their ridiculously short opening hours, then wait a week while fending off the seller who doesn't understand why I don't trust him enough to post it before it clears!.

It's a small price to pay for the convenience AND to allow buyers to pay by credit card, it's alright saying that card handling companies only charge 2.5% but it's totally unrealistic for most ebayers to set up a card account. Greg

Reply to
Greg

IIRC they also charge to transfer the money you get into your bank account, so that's another piece of the pie paypal grab. The primary reason it's better for the seller is because it's better for the buyer though, so the seller has to take it on the chin. While it's a trade-off that probably works out OK, doesn't mean we have to take it with a smile though ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings