Landrover Production Cut

BBC news ...... Landrover to cut production to 4 days starting next month.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

and staff moved to Jaguar

slippery slope ? I hope not but that 4x4 Austin Metro needs to some out sooner than later if they are to survive.

Reply to
Lee_D

A 4x4 metro now that would be fun

I wonder is Tata will employ the BL sales map i.e. selling cars that nobody wants because of the iffy engineering poor build quality and crap trim at prices less than competing cars that are disirable ? yep Cityrover is coming back Derek

Reply to
Derek

Are they owned by TaTa yet, or still strapped to the bloated and sinking corpse of Ford?

Reply to
Stuart Gray

On or around Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:05:48 +0100, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

Just after they banned the group B cars, you could have picked up a new one of them for under 10K. Wonder how many are left?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

We used to service Tony ponds motor at Appleyards in Bradford ;)

Reply to
Nige

Don't worry, I see in the BBC articles that they are now Indian.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Dunno Austin but I do still have a hankering for a road going group B cars I keep passing a Ford RS200 which looks nice and unassuming but it has to be a Stratos

or a Quattro Sport ( "Lee fire up the Quattro" )
still it's Lottery win money innit The 6R4 would be close behind themDerek

Reply to
Derek

My next door neighbour is a sales manager for Jaguar & he's very busy at the minute, but LR are having a very bad time now.

Reply to
Nige

Hardly a surprise.... pushing model ever upward into the Chelsea Tractor market at exactly the time that market is under great pressure.

Back to basics boys - reclaim the working vehicle market. I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it as long as our customers do - what is the *point* of all the current models, except Defender. When a framer says a Discovery III is useless to them (they used to have Discocery I's for "posh") LR have lost their way. Just look at the current crappy TV ad - it says "we no longer make off-road vehicles" to me.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Tata now have the entire Indian market at their feet (if made locally), with only the Mirharda (sp?) for competition. I'd expect a "3rd World" spec Defender to appear soon for that market, which could also be sold to all the other markets LR abandoned buy refusing to produce a suitably specced vehicle.

As you say, there is also the light armoured vehicle market, not least the Inidan market where stability seems rather fragile at the moment. Somethimg along the lines of the Lama, in "military" and "civilian" spec perhaps.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd