Hard Top 88 Sides for sale or swap?

I just bought a RHD Series III with no side windows in the hard top. I realize now that it would be difficult to merge without them. Do you have any side to a hard top for sale or any suggestions?

I have heard that some shops would like to trade sides so they can use the space to advertise on the side of their trucks.

Reply to
jj

Stating where you are located might get you a few more meaningful replies. I have a complete 88" SW hard top but I am somewhat doubtful if it's location (174.49E, 36.56S)will be convenient for you.

Reply to
EMB

New Zeland? Yea... too far.

Reply to
jj

If you get some decent mirrors then driving with van sides is no hassle. My 101 was transofrmed by some big curved mirrors rather than the std flat ones.

You could always fit windows yourself if you cant find any sides that already have them. The seal you need is generic standard stuff and you can have glass cut to fit.

Do you have rear windows?

Reply to
Tom Woods

snipped-for-privacy@burfordadvertising.com uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Well 109 CSW one's fit if it helps in your quest.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:59:54 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

on an 88? it'd make an interesting new style.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:44:28 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

I've put a small window in the near-side of Edward II. It came from the partition in a sherpa van, and is ideally suited.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

109 *CSW* sides are the same as 88
Reply to
EMB

I have several sets of 109" CSW rear side panels with sliding windows and one set with aftermarket windows which will all fit as Lee says. Near Manchester.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Hiya,

I have a LWB SIII van with no side windows that I want to convert into an 11 seater, so would need windows. Am I right in thinking it's just a case of ordering some sliding wiondows and dusting off the angle grinder to cut an apature to fit? I think there are some supporting struts on the inside which I was just going to cut through and bend flat on each edge where they meet the newly cut hole?

Am I being daft or is it really that simple?

TIA,

Nick

Reply to
Nick White

Dunno, depends on how you imagine you're going to configure your 11 seats! Four down each side and three across the front? Coz the 'standard' 2+3+3+3 isnt going to work without SW rear doors!

Reply to
nullified

--SNIP--

I was going for the existing 3 in the cab, two more front facing behind that, and whatever benches I can get behind those. the idea being the two forward facing behind the cab seats could fold away, but leave space between them for the pasengers to get in/out. Not ideal, but it'll do.

So it'll be 3+2+3+3

:o)

Reply to
Nick White

I have no idea whether this is complete bollocks (as I apparently often spout) but do you think you might need to check with your insurance company first? I'd *guess* that they might have a problem with that - CSW's have more accessibility to their 11 seat permutation, and of course were designed that way. Surely their notional risk insured on a 3-seat van is lower than a home-made eight further seats, of which all eight only have one means of exit?

Reply to
nullified

Yeah, maybe, but I'll worry about that once the work is done, got to get them damn thing running first! Only thought top mention as the OP had a similar question.

Reply to
Nick White

On or around Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:41:54 +1200, EMB enlightened us thusly:

ah, I see.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

uttered summat

Reply to
jj

wrote........

Sorry mate, I'm in the UK.

VA?, I take it that's Virginia. If you fancy a ride out, pop over after lunch tomorrow and I'll give you a throw on with them. :-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Hi Martin. I'm within reach of Manchester UK. :-) I'd be interested in a pair of CSW sides if you've got any to spare. How much do you want for them?

Cheers John P.S. the "reply to" address is valid. the "from" address is not.

Reply to
John