Help - Dog Containment

Hi,

Ideas needed for keeping three dogs, two large, one small, in the back of a Series III.

Haven't found a dog barrier/screen that would fit on Google.

TIA

Reply to
Alan

My old 109 had a hand-made dog guard, which consisted of heavy-duty plastic trellis cut to fit and cable tied into place. Quite effective, and very cheap....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

mesh dog guards are very common, are you looking for something else?

from paddocks, that's a bearmach one, thare is a cheaper onefor £37.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

Thanks but that one only comes half way down.

I forgot to mention I have a roll cage strut across where that one ends at the bottom and a space below that needs to be blocked.

Reply to
Alan

Good thinking Batman !

Thanks

Reply to
Alan

there is one for a station wagon goes to the floor, about £100. but if I were you I'd have some weld mesh, cut it to size and clip it to your roll cage.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

If I was going to where you want to go, I wouldn't start from here!

If I were you (and I'm not), I'd make a dog crate to fit the available space. That will contain the dogs and all the accompanying dust and dirt.

I have made airline travelling boxes for my own dogs for years. I make the end frames of 2"X1"; then use 1/8" ply for the top, bottom, and sides; mesh on the door and end.

So long as a dog cannot get its teeth around an edge, light materials like this are quite strong enough and because it is very light you can remove the box quickly and easily.

Just another idea for you. Email if you want the design.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Great idea.

However, I'm only allowed to use power tools under close supervision :-)

Reply to
Alan

Derry's right. My dogs travel in boxes in the Volvo. This started because I didn't want hair and slobber all over my nice new Volvo. But...

The dogs are happier in there than loose - they lay down and stay relaxed. They don't get carsick because they aren't jumping about the place, and they don't scare the life out of cyclists at traffic lights.

In a crash, they will fare much better as the box will hold them in place rather than flinging them into the dog guard at high speed.

I can also use the luggage space above the boxes .

You can buy a good sized plastic dog box for about £50 from a kennels supply place.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

"Alan" wrote in news:6SH%d.1445$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:

I only recently bought myself a band saw which helps considerably, otherwise I used no power tools in making boxes for over 25 years! The most important component is a good wood glue to hold all the joints after nailing.

I run a small shoot and quickly noticed how the dogs absolutely hate travelling loose in the back of the D90. Aluminium sheet is the equivalent of an ice rink to a dog.

Without the box, my poor spaniel travels with his head wedged down the side of the passenger seat and the wall of the Land Rover to stop himself sliding. The pointers just slide around and look pathetic.

A box does not need to be as large as you'd think, in fact smaller (side to side) is better as the dogs can brace their feet against the sides as you two wheel around corners and come to rubber burning stops!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Look in 'Shooting Times' or the BASC magazine? loads of options around.........

- crap signature but scanned for bugs

Reply to
Larry Shaw