Help I can't get my propshaft back together

I pulled the splined bit out of my p38 front propshaft with a satisfying plop. Now I can't get it back in. It goes in a couple of inches but then stops and it won't go any further. Hydraulic pressure or what ?

thanks,

Reply to
Wafty

wouldn't be surprised, if it is try removing the grease nipple to let the air bleed out. ( theres a thought p38 props do still have nips dont they? Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek> wouldn't be surprised, if it is try removing the grease Derek> nipple to let the air bleed out. ( theres a thought p38 Derek> props do still have nips dont they? Derek

That reminds me: the rear prop on the Dakar (classic rangie mechanics) has one grease nipple snapped off and the other in a position that I can't get the grease gun onto. Any suggestions/recommendations short of getting a new one?

Reply to
AndyC the WB

Andy Hi,

have you tried a bolt extractor or a reverse drill bit for the broken grease nipple? (the sexiest car part name of all !!!!!)

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos