Help with rave CD

HI i bought a RAVE CD about 2 years ago and i installed it on my desktop which was running winMe. I've now got a laptop running xp but i've tried to install the RAVE CD but it wont have it!

Get the following messages

RTS1 Cant find CDILLA32.dll or something!

I've set the compatability to run the program on 98/Me but no joy. So what have i done wrong???

Cant keep going to my sisters (she now has my old pc) just to research my Disco!

Any suggestions welcome

Mark

Reply to
Jinx

Jinx scribbled something like this, on Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:46:34 +0000:

From what happens when I run it on my systems, I'm guessing that the dll in question is the acrobat plugin that it's using. Even if you're running a later version, you have to install the acrobat reader that's on the CD for things to work. Doesn't seem to mess up browser installs or anything, so hopefully things will be good.

Good Luck!

Reply to
Staffan Tjernstrom

Check your e-mail Mark.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

On or around Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:55:45 -0600, Staffan Tjernstrom enlightened us thusly:

sounds about right. RAVE will only run with the acrobat reader it comes with, I think this is a security thing in fact.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Another thing to try is wind the date back on the PC, they have a date stamp so you cant use them after a certain date - obviously for dealers who recieve the latest or next batch of disks. This has worked on an old copy of mine.

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair