How Do I....

Move my range rover from a farm to my new house?

It has no tax, mot or insurance.

Can i tow it, or do i need to get a trailer.

Thanks,

Mark

87 RR V8 EFI
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Has to be trailered Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Although technically you could book it in for an MOT... then post MOT go to the new home.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Don't you still need insurance to do that?

Reply to
Pacman

Yep

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 5 Sep 2005 11:16:18 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

I gather though that there are restrictions - you can't book an MOT 200 miles away if there are nearer places to have it done.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Never seen any, or any stated cases yet either. Not to say they aren't out there. 200 miles would be pushing your luck though when holding on to that Brass rail in the house.

Key thing is to make sure it's booked in and the garage have the vrm and are aware your arriving with not MOT so they actually write it down just incase the local plod do have cause to check. I personally wouldn't chance it over say 78 1/3rd miles in a Series IIa.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Crown -v- Simpson 2001 (Brighton)

The defendant fails to demonstrate a good reason for the pre-booked test being (n) miles away. The Crown demonstrated that there were over 80 other testing stations that would have been appropriate.

Defendant a slimey little toerag, didn't have insurance either.

Actually, it may have been Samson or summat similar...

Reply to
Mother

in article dfh2jf$3h$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com, Mark Solesbury at snipped-for-privacy@IHATESPAMSPAMfuji.co.uk wrote on 9/5/05 10:19 AM:

Levitation!

Reply to
Rory Manton

I'd be interested to find the actual case, it's not in my books under either of those case names, but then my books only cove r a certain syllabus ....again :0( .Done some googling but nowt.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

If you remind me a few days before the 4th Thursday in October I'll ask the person who was telling me all about it (with some degree of qualification being in the same Court, albeit on t'other side of the bench) ;-)

ISTR that this kind of thing only becomes a precident after having gone through an appeal or summat similar? This case, AFAIK, didn't, as the little scroat eventually changed his plea to get a lighter (less than 6 month) sentence.

Reply to
Mother

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:45:59 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

visions of M1 yesterday while a certain wonderful person kept plod talking about ambis so that plod did not loom at windscreen while a certain distraught owner busily fiddled with carbs although said vehicle definitely had insurance and MOT....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I bought a 110 one day from a place some 45 miles from home - made sure brakes and lighting and steering worked and then drove it home with a friend escorting me along M62 - been on the M62 about 15 mins, got pulled by plod because of cracked windscreen - explained that had just got vehicle, it was insured, booked in for windscreen change and MOT next day at MOT station 2 miles from home. Plod not bothered about MOT, checked insurance, said would report me for no tax but if I explained I was moving vehicle to have it mot'd, it was thus tax exampt - had a chat with him about land rovers in general and how I was gonna do it up etc. Few days later got a letter from local vehicle tax office saying they understood I had just bought the vehicle the day I got stopped - could I produce bil of sale and tell them if I had used vehicle at all since on road (I had, to take it to and from MOT fail, to take it to and from welding repairers, and then to and from MOT retest and it was taxed immediately thereafter) and they were happy - heard no more.

Got MOT station to stamp the vehicle rectification form plod gave me for the windscreen and that was it!

Reply to
David J. Button

This is far to sensible, I'm going to have to have words with someone....

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D