V8i starting problem. Helpplease!

Points to either the coil or the condensor on the dizzy.

Well thats what happened on my 87 RR V8 EFI.

Mark.

Reply to
mark solesbury

Hi I have just re-aquired a 1990 export spec Disco. It was converted to LPG about 4 yrs ago and has done 221k km. I and it are presently sitting in rural Normandy and the damn thing wont run properly on petrol let alone gas. It will start with a tow, but will only run for 2 minutes before stopping. It stops with all the symptoms of fuel starvation. It has a good battery and new plugs and leads. The connectors to the fuel pump are all clean. I have swapped out the coil as the spark was weak and fitted another alternator as when it did run the battery light was glowing. i am asking the group for anymore suggestions as to waht may be wrong. When it does run, it runs well at tickover but dies when you ask for power. So, any suggestions.

cheers Russ.

Reply to
PETER GOFF

On or around Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:57:51 +0100, "PETER GOFF" enlightened us thusly:

blocked fuel filter, blocked fuel tank vent...

erm...

then again, it should run on gas. assuming the gas system is functioning.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Good point - is it the same on gas??? Can you start it on petrol with a tow and then switch the gas in - if so - what happens??

If it's the same then you're certainly looking at electrical rather than fuel problems - how about the ignition amplifier? I had troubles last year with our Range Ruster which was crap on LPG and petrol - after swapping out all the other bits it was traced to the ignition amp .

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme