How long to strp a V8 disco

How long would it take to strip out the engine and gearbox out of a 96 V8 Disco? bearing in mind I can trash the disco as much as I like. and have the use of a forklift for the heavy stuff, I would also want to take the axles off, strip out the interior, and anything else I can - including taking the doors off ( Italian job jokes here please!)

Also how heavy would all this be? 4 doors,bonnet,engine,auto box,transfer box, interior(electric) and as much else as I could strip in a day. 9 - 5

Would it fit in a transit ? how much weight can they carry?

Reply to
StaffBull

On or around Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:20:31 -0000, "StaffBull" enlightened us thusly:

depends on the transit. little ones carry about a ton. You'd get the bits you describe in and they shouldn't be overweight.

I think to get all that off in a day you'd be wanting gas axe to burn through stuff. and the ability to use it.

unbolting it all, if you're good at it, maybe 2 days? I'd reckon on getting an engine and box out in under a day doing it tidily, *provided* no snags. but the suspension stuff may hold you up if anything's seized.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:39:29 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

If you get a decent gearbox (assuming manual) then I'd be interested, unless that's what your're after anyway.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:24:38 -0000, "StaffBull" enlightened us thusly:

hmmm. tempting. but I think I'll leave this one manual.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Jessie!

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:18:52 GMT, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

dunno how much is due to other factors, but this one's about 20% more economical than the 110 V8 auto was.

Reply to
Austin Shackles