How many miles 97 Disco?

Trying to calculate what's going to happen to my '97 Disco....so doing a little poll.

How many miles do you have on your engine?

What stages major maintenance? (My brakes lasted 40,000.....My original tires will probably make it to 47,000....That dang oxygen sensor has been replaced a couple times....And those plastic window cogs go every 3 years)....

Cheers, John

Reply to
John Arnold

My 200tdi had a quarter of a million miles on it when I sold it - and is still going strong now with the new owner...

Reply to
Mother

John Arnold came up with the following;:

'97 Disco 3 door 300Tdi, just turned 80k. We got it with 55k on the clock a year and a half ago, and have had to change one CV joint, Discs and Pads and a new serpentine belt. The original wheels tyres (We have all bills and receipts from day one) were replaced at 23k with wider wheels and BFG AT's and I've just replaced them for new BFG AT's 1k miles ago ish, so they did

57k miles and we sold them on (ebay) for bugger all, but they had about 8 to 10mm tread left ...

Most of the broken bits are from over zealous off-roading, front and rear bumper endcaps, front endcap mount bracket etc.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Thanks for your notes....

You're both lucky with getting a TDi engine.....Here in the U.S. the Disco comes only with gas/petro....

Cheers, John

Reply to
John Arnold

John Arnold came up with the following;:

LOL. We're 'considering' a petrol engined Disco for 'playtime' ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I have a '97 4.0V8 with 219,000 km / 136,000 miles. I'm the second owner. As far as I know the only thing done to the engine has been my recent replacement of the water pump. As for the rest of the mechanicals, the O2 sensors have been replaced at least once and I'm sure the brake pads have been replaced twice. Don't know about the discs but the rears are scored and I'm replacing them. The first owner broke a tooth on 5th gear and that required some transmission work, not a routine sort of problem. The clutch was replaced when the tranny work was done. (Yes mine is a 5 speed). Previous owner also had the rear diff rebuilt as he filled it with water/sand at some point and didn't know it until things got noisy back there. There is still a lot backlash in the diff and may do some work on it in the future to see if I can tighten this up. My ABS acted up shortly after I bought the rig, 2 years ago, and I've had it disconnected for a long while. Going to see if I can get it working again but I'm not going to buy new sensors at $400US each if that's what's needed. I'm pretty happy with the way the Disco has worked for me.

Reply to
Gordon Wedman