'Underheating' Disco

300 S-Reg air-con. The tempeture gauge take ages to move up and then only slightly. On a motorway journey it will go upto under half-way never any higher, that's ok, but during normal driving conditions the gauge hardly move up at all, the heater works fine and all is OK with engine. The gauge has been tested and is fine. What am I worried about? You tell me?
Reply to
Davey
200 and 300 TDi's are cool running engines, but it might be that your thermostat is stuck in the open position, explaining that the temp will go up on the motorway when it is working harder.

Thermostats are not expensive, so you could just try fitting a new one.

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Vroom

On or around Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:21:53 +0100, "Davey" enlightened us thusly:

thermostat stuck open, probably, or missing if it's always done it.

the TDis are pretty slow to warm up anyway.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yeah, mine runs at a fair bit below the norm level. Has new rad and thermostat. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB