How much is a new clutch ?

Hi Desperate to buy a Land Rover for some Off Road fun but have no money(( Looking for a cheap 90 diesel ( under £1000 ) but did notice a 110 near where I live that needs a clutch. Cant do it myself so anyone got a ball park figure for what a competent mechanic should charge for the job ?

VitaraV6 Needs Land Rover

Reply to
21565R16V

Youll do well to find a 90 for a grand...

More like 4-5!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I would think around £250 fitted. I fins the 110 a nicer drive & miles more practical than a 90 to be honest too.

-- Ta!

Nige

Subaru WRX (54) Land Rover Turbo Diesel 110 (G) KTM 520 SX (2001)

Reply to
Nige

On or around Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:26:03 +0100, "21565R16V" enlightened us thusly:

IIWY I'd be looking at series IIs or series IIIs. any 90/110s for that sort of money are going to be genuine scrap...

there are some quite nice SIIAs and SIIIs about, and pre-73 ones are free road tax, too, of course.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hear what you say. Doing my head in watching about 20 LR's on ebay. Start a new search for series 3 ))

Reply to
21565R16V

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles wittered on forthwith;

I bought a nice '93 90 200TDi van last week for £3300.

So nice I drove it home and sold it for £4250.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:QInMg.16057$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Unfortunately I would buy at a high price then the "bottom " would fall out of the market or out of the Land Rover .

Bidding on a 110 but know if I win its a dog!

(Name changed to represent what I have. not my hat size)

Reply to
4x4v6

On or around Sat, 9 Sep 2006 01:09:52 +0100, "21565R16V" enlightened us thusly:

early SIII or SIIA are more or less the same for most purposes. If you don't intend to do a lot of mileage, a 2¼ petrol makes more sense than a 2¼ diesel although if you intend serious off-roading in deep water the diesel is easier to waterproof.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have a 110 for sale. It needs about £500 spent on it [at a garage] to get through MOT but if you trailer it then all it needs is a set of front left swivel pin bearings. It also has an engine knock which means that the engine won't last indefinitely but it performs well at present. Will sell for £1500 and that is rock bottom. Am considering keeping it on the road myself but £1500 would perhaps persuade me. Frankly I'll only have to pay tax on the 1500, so maybe not. Try me.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Bastard pulled the listing.

84 10 seater 12 months MOT needs clutch £300 Rats it was my Land Rover. Now its not ((
Reply to
21565r16v
21565r16v uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Was that the one darn sarth who was advertising for his Dad?

Not that I'm in a position to buy one mind.... or put a clutch in one...though the way the Renault is going it's about to mark it's card unless it really picks up it's act (Laguna you have been warned!)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yes and only about 5 miles from where i live. so trailoring it to my local garage was no problem.

I emailed him to ask if he made a habit of pulling listings. Not even a sorry just something about unforeseen circumstances.

Reply to
21565r16v

Its just happened again. I was High bidder and lot was withdrawn. This should no be alowed. Starting a petition.

Reply to
21565r16v

On or around Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:40:00 +0100, "21565r16v" enlightened us thusly:

fat chance. sorry, but this happens.

you find some ebay items that say "this will not be pulled". But consider it from the seller's POV - often, the vehicle is advertised elsewhere at an optimistic price - if you're the seller, and the thing's bid to say 450 quid and you hope it might make 1200 and someone sees your ad for 1600 quid and comes along waving readies, you're going to take the 1600.

Reply to
Austin Shackles