I don't like my new toy

Yesterday I went to collect my new P38..it looks lovely. Paintwork in good nick, new engine sounds sweet as a nut, switched over to LPG no problems, on the test drive everything worked as it should, EAS (which was replaced completely 3 years ago) worked as it should, no problems...so set off for the 200 mile drive home.

After 75 miles of dual carriageway, the dreaded happened.."EAS FAULT"..the car continued to drive fine, but then it got worse..."EAS FAULT: 35 MPH MAX"...and before I knew it I was sitting on the floor..fortunatley some services were very close so I limped in. When I pulled in A Very Nice Man was there just finishing off another job so as I am a member I asked him to take a look at mine. All his computer said (he didnt plug it in because he looked pretty useless) was to check the fuses, which we did. however when removing the fuse cover it did have a distinct electrical smell. So I then phoned for a flatbed truck (which turned up within 15 minutes, very impressed) who brought me home to face the music from SWMBO for buying "another heap of junk!".

When I eventually got home I looked a but further..it appears that the compressor isnt running as it should be, so I'm hoping that its one of the relays that has burnt out, but without having another relay to test it with there's no real way of knowing..unless someone on the group has an ingenious way of testing it! I've got the number of a local Land Rover Mobile mechanic who can hopefully run Rovacom on it to find out whats happened..

So it looks like the money I was going to spend on tarting it up a bit will have to go on repairs. Whilst at the services I phoned the guy who I bought it off to ask him if he'd sold me a lemon, and tbh he seemed genuinely shocked and gutted, and he called me a few hours later to see if I'd got home OK, so I don't think he was trying to pull a fast one, otherwise he wouldnt have bothered..

A not-very-happy Paul..

Reply to
Pacman

Looks like you'll be needing to do some reading :-(

Forum is mint!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Sounds like the fusebox problem. Not silly money to fix.

Reply to
Nige