I'm getting a bit teed Off

My TDI 300 seems to like getting through bearings on the water pump and alternator

( 5 pumps and 4 alternators in the last 60k ( 3 years )

It has been suggested that the auto tensioner is the problem

That was replaced 2 pumps and 2 alternators ago ( 18 Months ago )

Me thinks Green Flag is getting fed up of getting me home on a Flat Top

Suggestions please

TIA

Reply to
DieSea

Or could the belt be too short putting extra tension on the system? Clearly something is very wrong for all these failures to happen. Can you assess the tension on the belt?

Tony

Reply to
Tony