Rover 45 first gear

I have a Rover 45 2002 and have trouble engaging 1st gear. Sometimes it

goes straight in others it needs a couple of attempts. All the stop/starting in town centre traffic necessitates in and out of 1st gear. Is this a common Rover 45 gearbox problem?

Reply to
skint

I have never heard of this on a 45, in fact gearbox problems are rare. Could it be the clutch dragging. What ahppens if you hold the clutch down for a few seconds before attenpting to engage 1st?

Its probably worth asking the same question on the MGRover.org forum as this is a very busy forum for MGR owners.

Ron

Reply to
Roverron

On 18 Apr 2006 10:56:17 -0700, "skint" wrote:in a shakey hand

Sounds like you're about to acquire a new clutch though it could be something else.

Reply to
losttheplot