Identification help required

Hi All,

Can anybody help me out with this VIN number ? Tried several sources but in vain :

SALLBCMHAF 540953

Is it a 1992 RRC with a 3.5L fuel injected engine(ECU)? Thanks a lot !

Hertriono Kartowisastro

Reply to
rovieman

On or around 18 Jan 2005 10:02:22 -0800, "rovieman" enlightened us thusly:

I've put some spaces in:

^ there's a number missing here; transmission and lhd/rhd.

No.

92 RR should be summat like

SAL LH G M L 7 J A nnnnnn

SAL land rover LH RR classic G 100" (or B 108") - C is 109" (i.e. series) M 4-5 door station wagon L 3.5i (H is 2.25)

7 5-speed manual (1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8 are possible) J model year 1992 A assembly solihull - F is CKD kit assembled elsewhere

nnnnnn serial number, 6 digit

If that number has another number in it for transmission type (e.g. 2 for

4-speed manual LHD) then it's a CKD 109" station wagon from 79-84, 2.25 engine.

and in case you think I'm a genius:

Austin Shackles

Thanks Mark and Austin,

It was a hoax, somebody was trying to sell me a '92 RRC with that VIN. When I tried to confirm, he never replied. Anyway, thanks a bunch.

Hertriono

Reply to
rovieman