If I remove/disable the EGR valve on my td300 will I notice much difference?

I've often wondered about doing this, but is it worth the effort?

If it is worth doing, can I do it by simply removing the wiring connector - the screws look a bit rusty to me.

Cheers Tony

Reply to
Tony

blanking plate on the other end, easy as anything, can stop smnoke.

Reply to
Nige

When you say "blanking plate on the other end", I'm not entirely clear what you mean, could you elaborate please?

Thanks

Tony

Reply to
Tony

On or around Wed, 22 Oct 2008 02:32:13 -0700 (PDT), Tony enlightened us thusly:

There's a joint in the pipework near the exhaust manifold end, with 2 bolts. take it apart and insert something thin and flat to block the hole. ISTR a

2p piece is about the right size, make sure it's a recent one so it's copper-plated steel and not bronze. Check with a magnet if in doubt.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

The electrical connection Must remain in place..

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

I found a £2 coin was a better fit. Then you can tweak the pump up a little too. I seem to recall the best performance increase is likely to occur if you get rid of the cat though. I never managed to make mine improve performance much, but blanking off the egr gave a smoother engine. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

On or around Wed, 22 Oct 2008 22:18:17 +0100, "TonyB" enlightened us thusly:

bugger that, mine's £1.98 cheaper.

Reply to
Austin Shackles