What's bigger?

Td5 Disco or P38 Rangie? Thinking in terms of loading furniture loaded into the back. Width is generally more important than height. Anyone had both and can make a comparison?

Looking for a LR again, getting serious withdrawal symptoms! Can't decide on getting a cheapie toy or something more serious. Trying to justify spending more on the grounds that I can use it for work too!

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

heheheh - i have had a few...

The D2 is bigger all round, but a bit shorter & has the barn door.

I much prefer the P38 over the D2, but i would.

I suppose the D2 is a better all rounder, but it's possibly less reliable than a P38 in my experience.

Reply to
Nige

Disco will look odd with a Sofa hanging out the back door. Rangie will just look like it's overspilled it's interior.

:-)

Tailgates V's a Door

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Good point, plus the top part provides a nice shelter when its raining!

I'm leaning towards a P38, loved my last one. Had few D1's, never a D2, but the "barn door" is a bloody PITA sometimes! Plus I reckon it is more fun to off-road in a P38, but got to find a 2000+ spec to get the traction control on the diesels. Really can't justify a V8!

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Get a new Rangie, cheaper than dogshit nowadays ;) Don't believe the Td6 is slow, it is not.

Reply to
Nige

Prolapsed?

Reply to
GbH

Beware the 7 seat DII, the extra seats in the "boot" take up some of the width, which isn't that great in the first place between the wheel arches. Not much over 1m wide...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yeah, I've been looking! Would like to upgrade once the house is sold, but that may be a way off. Though I'd probably go for a D3 as I like the way all the seats disappear and the floor is flat. D3's are getting pretty cheap too.

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Different engine, thats a tdV6 & I'm not that keen on it.

Reply to
Nige

Really? I always thought the LR TDV6 engine was supposedly better than the BMW TD6. or is it just that the TDV6 is 'better' because it is LR and not BMW?!

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

The Td6 picks up quicker than the the tdV6 to me with less lag on the auto box.

It will do a few miles less per gallon though.

RR are mega bargains now matey, so are D3's.

Try both, but do NOT get a tdv6 with a manual box, it's shit.

Reply to
Nige

If the BMW TD6 is the 30d engine (the M57) then it's a beast. I've one in a 530d and it shifts. Had I the time I'd love to put one into a 90 or

110, with the ZF 5 speed auto box - that would be fun. It is a tad thirsty though as diesels go.

Andy.

Reply to
Andrew Cleland

Same thing.