Discovery 200TDi body mounts

Hi gang, a friend of mine owns the Disco mentioned in the subject line. He is in the process of MOT repairs. The front near side body mount is almost rusted away. He has asked around and been told that this part is no longer available so he will have to fabricate one for himself. He was hoping that someone could possibly point him toa site with the pattern? The one coming off is no good to use as a pattern unfortunately, any hints or advice will as always be welcome. TIA. BTW just in case anyone is interested Edie is still in my ownership although after breaking down on the Woodhead Pass she was close to leaving, LOL. A cracked cylinder head was the reason. D'oh.

Reply to
cyberwraith

nope they are availalable saw some at an autojumble though probably not through Landrover Agents give Richard a try

made up my own for both the 200 and 300Tdi's the top plate was sound on both so I made up sideplates from sheet using cardboard templates and folded the ends to fit on the inner sillsand mig'd them on maybe not pretty but tough as hell. Derek

Reply to
Derek

I made up my own for both the 200 and 300Tdi's the top plate was sound on > both so I made up sideplates from sheet using cardboard templates and > folded the ends to fit on the inner sillsand mig'd them on maybe not > pretty but tough as hell.> Derek

Thanks Derek, we live in Manchester so mi mate may not consider a run to Beamends but we shall see. After all it would give my Disco a stretch of the legs wouldn't it. He is capable of making one up but as I said the one he is working on is not usable for a pattern due to rust etc. He says that he cannot get a good look at the other side for one reason or another so he now has two choices, make one and adapt or have a run to Beamends. I will let you know which. ta.

Reply to
cyberwraith

> I made up my own for both the 200 and 300Tdi's the top plate was sound on >> both so I made up sideplates from sheet using cardboard templates and >> folded the ends to fit on the inner sillsand mig'd them on maybe not >> pretty but tough as hell.>> Derek

thats handy( I'm in Timperley if you want some sheet metal to make your own let me know, always have a bit spare if you do what I did its nothing special just a trapeziod with the square end folded. easy for me to say cos the other side was good enough to to make the template. Derek

Reply to
Derek

>> I made up my own for both the 200 and 300Tdi's the top plate was sound >>> on both so I made up sideplates from sheet using cardboard templates >>> and folded the ends to fit on the inner sillsand mig'd them on maybe not >>> pretty but tough as hell.>>> Derek

Cheers Derek, I will give my mate a 'bell' tomorrow as it is too late now. Then I will let ya know. Once again cheers.

Reply to
cyberwraith

>>> I made up my own for both the 200 and 300Tdi's the top plate was sound >>>> on both so I made up sideplates from sheet using cardboard templates >>>> and folded the ends to fit on the inner sillsand mig'd them on maybe >>>> not pretty but tough as hell.>>>> Derek

Good morning again Derek, OK I have chatted with mi mate and he has finished the mount but would like to thank you for your offer. Happy 4x4-ing and always keep the muddy stuff below ya!

Reply to
cyberwraith