Interesting recovery device

Beastly. I had a look under the rear covers of one of those once, two engines and a an awful lot of air intake pipes all glued together with a bucketful of turbos.

Yes, I do so want an 813, but the V12 diesel does about 3MPG, the truck's about 12 tonnes, would need a goods vehicle license and I don't have the space for it. It's a shame as last time I looked the cost of a runner was about £4000 although I have no idea what condition it was in.

Nice, forwarded on to my pinz list.

Go on mush, what are you doing messing around with a 110 as a bus chassis ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Sun, 21 Jan 2007 17:43:48 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

heh. If they made RHD ones and were a bit cheaper I'd be quite tempted by a

6x6 pinzi and build a bus body on it. But as it is, they didn't, and they're not. The roads I drive on round here are bad enough in a RHD vehicle. The additional foot or so in eye height if/when I get the conversion done will help, mind.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've seen the clip you mention, but it was a while ago. It gives a ruddy great belch of black smoke from the twin stacks and takes off. There's also a bit where it goes hammering up one of the dunes and takes off the other side, landing hard on all 6 wheels, barely lost any momentum through. Hard trucks, Kamaz.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I'd love to take one on a track day, imagine bellowing up behind an Elise in one of those things ;-) Not something the other drivers would forget in a hurry that's for sure! I doubt it'd outpace the elise in the corners but you could always just not bother with the corners!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Interesting seeing the clips of all the off road trucks. I was watching the Paris-Dakar this year and I wondered what happened to some of the trucks that used to take part. The Perlini with the detroit diesel was a monster, the russian Urals did very well, Daf used to have a twin engined race truck, they banned that type because they were to fast and dangerous, one flipped in the desert and killed some of the crew. The little Jap "Hino" always does well in the Dakar. Be good to see more UK and American machinery in the Dakar a la Bowler/Hummer.

Reply to
Paul Luggar