Internal Rear View Mirror Range Rover P38a 1995 HSE

I need to replace my mirror for subject vehicle. E-bay searches are nil. Does anyone know if the same mirror is used on any other vehicle, or where I might have more luck? Its the model which has a slider mechanism below mirror body which sets antiglare properties if required, so is electrically connected. Bob

Reply to
BoB-B

Just fit a normal one, it's only to dip the thing & they leak & don't work for ever. There's one on ebay for £15.,

Reply to
Nige

If there is one thing I really miss from my old DII it's the electronic interior rear view mirror. It just worked, fully automagically. No glare from stuff behind, no forgetting that you've manually dipped the mirror and thus can no longer see whats behind (a long way back) in a corner of your eye. I also miss the compass.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What about Buckley Bros in Darwen

I was there a couple of weeks back when some one wanted an original Wing mirror for an early '50's Land Rover

They pulled one off the shelf as if by magic

I recognised it as being the same as the one on the LR I took my test on in may

1957

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

"DieSea" wrote..........

Was it the tiny round one mounted on the front of the front wing that you could see bugger all out of. They were optional extras anyway and different dealers sold different mirrors, I'm not sure now if LR had any official recommendations.

Reply to
Oily

Ooo, I'm in Blackburn next Saturday. brings up

but the "latest news" is March 2005!

They have a Darwen address so I guess it's the same company but if they don't want to keep the website up to date they really ought to take it down or remove the ancient content.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Check they're open Dave

Simple to find

Come off the roadabout that heads to Blackburn Rovers but head in the opposite direction towards Darwen

At the Liddl store on blackburn road turn right

You'll find them a 100 yards or so up that hill on the right

I think its first right and immediately right

You cant miss the yard its full of Land Rover being brocken for spares

Their stores are an Alladins Cave

A helpfull bunch

Got me shed back on the road very quickly and cost a lot less than I exspected

I missed the fun this weekend , Dragon put her foot down with a firm hand :-((

Next weekend we should be some where a bit north of you ( terms and conditions apply )

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

A666

Reply to
Nige

That's the one

John said the guy who bought it had an original minter that did the shows

They've got a 1965 SWB in the stores

Looks original and tidy for its year , tax exempt as well I think

I wish , but Dragon would have summat to say

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

I'd like a 1960 SWB, there is something about driving around in a car the same age as oneself. B-)

Ditto.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've got a '63 LWB 109" and a '54 SWB 86" both with original numbers.

Reply to
Oily

I sold a 1947 Willys jeep on ebay a few years ago. It was rusty and horrid, but the guy sent a truck to collect it anyway, which is when we noticed there wasn't a wheel-nut on the LHS. These nuts are 'handed' threads. and the LHS was the 'wrong' way.

I went down to my local NAPA (USA) store and they had one on the shelf!

I was amazed!

Molesworth

Reply to
Molesworth

"Molesworth" wrote.........

Just been rebuilding one of those ('44) and you can get almost anything you want next day in England. Probably Hotchkiss parts though.

Reply to
Oily

Still not outa Nappies then Dave

;-))

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

I have one that me Dad bought new somewhere in Nottinghamshire and brought out to NZ when he emigrated in 1963. New chassis time for it when I find the tuits and cash.

Reply to
EMB