Lead lined engine blanket/soundproofing?

Anybody know of someone who can supply lead-lined engine soundproofing?

It's not for an engine bay, rather to soundproof a static engine in an enclosure, so i need someone who can simply supply a sheet of the stuff. Preferably in Herts/Beds/Bucks.

TIA

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Not in the south, but NoiseKiller supply exactly what you need. They also do kits for 101s....and a club discount.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

They dont have a price list on their website though :(

I was thinking of getting a lot of the stick on foil backed stuff and doing all the bits round my engine and below the engine cover on the

101 while i have all the wiring stripped out (and putting new stuff on the engine cover itself too)
Reply to
Tom Woods

Alex Hi,

Noisekiller (tel 0161643 8070) does offer what you are looking for.

A 2.00 X 1.20 sheet of this material will cost around 115 pounds but it is extremely effective for your application. It is VERY heavy though and you will need to securely mount it on the engine's enclosure.

I am sure that if you speak with Steve Bithell you will be able to find the best solution for your soundproofing requirements.

Take care Pantelis Giamarellos LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

THATS a good price.

Steve

Reply to
steve

Noisekiller might not have a pricelist on their website but they do answer their emails very promptly :)

current price list for those who are interested:

The full sheet size is 2.00 x 1.2 metres Full sheet ½ SampleNo

NoiseKiller Non Adhesive (floors) £75 £40

1 NoiseKiller Adhesive (Land Rovers) £85 £45 2 NoiseKiller Foil Faced (underbonnet) £75 £40 3 NoiseKiller Barrier Mat £55 £30 4 NoiseKiller Lead Sandwich £115 £60 5 NoiseKiller Egg Box 25 mm adhesive Sheet Size 2.00 x 1.00 £45 £25 6

Engine Blankets Large £80 (new Fortaglas cover) Engine Blankets Small £40 (new Fortaglas cover) Bell Housing Blankets (Land Rovers) £90

Clutch Claw £89.95

NoiseKiller liquid sound proofing £17.50 per litre

2 litre tub £30 3 litre tub £40
Reply to
Tom Woods