Leaking Rocker gaskets V8

Hi Folks. Hope to have go replacing my Rocker cover Gasket on my 1988 V8

3.5. Is there anything I need to be wary of before starting.
Reply to
John Oakes

Just make sure the new one actually ends up where it should be - they can be a bit fiddly to get right.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Bit of gasket sealer both sides of the cork gasket and do not over tighten the bolts just nip them up, works for me

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Why not use the rubber ones? You can't overtighten them as the have a metal insert in bolt holes. Fitted some to mine no problems with them since.

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry

Cheers chaps. Thanks for the info mine are the rubber version.

Reply to
John Oakes