Lifting just the front end of a 110?

As I am planning on fitting a winch and bumper on my 110 I know that the front standard springs won't be up to the job, the front is already sitting much lower than the rear which I think is normal for the CSW.

Question is, can I just fit a pair of longer heavy duty springs and shockers to the front or do I need to do the rears too? Only looking at a 1.5" lift but the back looks high enough as it is.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cooke

The front springs arent really lifted, just stronger normally, you want 1.5 lift heavy duty springs.

Reply to
Nige

HD standard springs I have just fitted on the rear of my 110 are the same uncompressed length as the Standards that came off it. They are much thicker however and as a result the arse end is now about 3+ inches higher than it was with the Standard CSW rear springs. Keep in mind that it has a rear security cage / kennel and also a roof rack clad in chequre plate and it is loaded even when empty IYSWIM.

Been away last weekend and the Car sat fine with the Caravan hooked up..+ 5 Peeps + 2 Dogs, as though the weight wasn't there. The old CSW Springs would have looked like I had done a bank job and taken an ATM in the back as well as the safe.

Just pust HD Springs on and the winch will sit fine. If you have HD raised spings then you will really see a huge difference compared to standard rears.

I have Standard fronts and HD rears now on the CSW, That said I also have the standard self levling unit in the back too.

IMO HDs look right on the CSW, of course car parks may present a challenge, and the ride is a little more brutal.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I would like a small amount of lift at the front as I am putting 33" tyres on soon which will fit 'as is' but the lift will give a little more room under the arches. So next issue is where to get front 1.5" lifted HD springs as most suppliers only seem to sell sets of front and rear!

Also, is the front spring change easy? I've done rears before but fronts look more awkward with the turret rings and small nuts which look as though they are well rusted!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cooke

You selling the off road tyres?

Reply to
Nige

BTW, tell me that wasnt you yesterday with chrome wheels & what looked like spinners?

Reply to
Nige

LOL! No was it f*ck like, seen that one around, those hubcaps are like something from an American 70's classic, just look sooo wrong on a 110!!

Andy

PS. Yes, will be selling the 265/75/16 Mud Terrains when I upgrade to the

285's
Reply to
Andy Cooke

I nearly fell off me bike when i saw it :(

Let me have first refusal on the tyres etc?

Any idea when?

Reply to
Nige

Dunno yet, waiting for a chq from the valuation people :-)

Reply to
Andy Cooke

:)

Reply to