Rover SD1 V8-S I saw today...

The Sera replacement search continues. I'm having real worries about the Supra's head gasket (slightly oily smell from the exhaust, occasional burble from the heater matrix, which in unrelated news, may be leaking - condensation on screen :/). Grabbed the local free paper, and spotted something distracting:

Rover SD1 V8, Genuine 29,000 miles, VGC. £1,250, 12 months MOT.

So I went to have a look. It's a V8-S, white with gold wheels. Extremely good, repainted 4 years ago with a few minor bits needed to make it perfect - a dent in the rear panel is probably the most upsetting thing, however, the part that needs the most attention is the passenger side front wheelarch (wings - £50 or so from Rimmer). Sunroof is sadly sealed shut; presumably it was leaking. Interior is frankly, incredible for a 24-year old BL car. Only very slight warping of the driver's door trim lets it down.

Mileage is undoubtedly genuine. The car runs beautifully, the wear and such match the miles.

I don't think it's the car for me. I won't be able to repair the wing, and it's such a low mileage car it would be a shame to use it to the extent I need to to keep the miles off my VW.

If anyone else is interested in it, drop me an email and I'll pass on contact details. I'm still interested myself... but I don't think I'll go for it.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

In news:080520042310075598% snipped-for-privacy@dmc12.daemon.co.uk, Richard Kilpatrick decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

ARRGH!

I just knew this'd happen as soon as I bought the Capri... ah well, maybe next time....

Reply to
Pete M

Roughly where is it?

Reply to
The Blue Max

What sort of Capri? I like Capris...

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Near Denholm, in the Scottish Borders. For serious enquiries, I'll take some pictures - this car definitely needs a good home. The seller also runs a 1971 FD Victor with a 3.0 Monza lump ;)

I'll next be seeing it after Thursday, I think - when it's MOTd and I can take it for a drive.

It has been advertised previously in the SD1 O.C. magazine for £2,500 - the seller nearly had a sale for £1,800 before, but wanted £2,000 so the buyer walked away. Personally, I think the car is worth more than £1,250 - it is more than just a tidy SD1. I just don't think it's what I'm looking for, it's more of a 'third' car for getting into a good restoration job (i.e. not much to do, just a wing really, and it's perfect) and using for shows and sunny days :/

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

In news:090520041146256535% snipped-for-privacy@dmc12.daemon.co.uk, Richard Kilpatrick decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Only a 2.0 Laser, but tis rather tidy. 82000 miles (nearly), very nearly immaculate.

Needs the usual camshaft and valve stem seals doing, otherwise it's spot on.

tis nice though.. worth about £1400 I reckon (well, it is once I've done the above)

Reply to
Pete M

Hmmm. Probably is, I guess. My Laser wasn't at all really minted, and I got 700 quid for it.

However, if £1,400 gets me a Laser 2.0, then £1,500 for my Supra is a pretty good deal ;)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

That brings back memories - Had a red 2.0 Laser just like that one between

1993 and 1997. Definitely one of my favourite cars.
Reply to
Doug