LPG Prices

BP Station around the corner = 41.9p Morrisons, 2mins from J33 M1 = 29.9p Darnall Service Station = 29.9p BP Station at start of A23/M23 = 41.9p

BP = Bastard Profiteers

Reply to
Mother

In message , Mother writes

Morrisons Crewe 36.9 - explain that one.

Reply to
hugh

29.9 is a damned good price. I assume this is Sheffield ? Best I know of round here is 34.9

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:40:37 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

likewise shell. Mind you, they do tend to have places that are open at silly hours of the day or night.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yup. Also another place in Sheffield currently 31.9p

Reply to
Mother

The place in Darnall (29.9p) is 24/7/365 - but it's a 1.5 mile detour, mind, still worth it when sticking 100L in :-)

Morrisons is a 200 yard detour when heading to the M1 for us, but not open outside store hours.

Reply to
Mother

so Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Yes it does...

Reply to
Mother

Jet all over Barnsley 29.9, Morrisons Barnsley 29.9

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

In message , Richard Brookman writes

Reply to
hugh

Carvers Wolverhampton - 28p BP stations around same area - 39p +

Reply to
Steve

so Steve was, like...

There's a moral here guys - don't patronise BP.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Indeed. Another thing, which is odd, noticed from my fuel logs (yes, I'm sad that way...)

From 'Totally Empty': In a BP station I can get 98.35L in. Almost everywhere else, I can only get a max 96.52L in.

Not overly scientific as it'll usually tick over very (very) slowly for a while before I decide my arm can't stand any more* - but why the

2L difference?

*(I've been banned from using my bit of wood wedged between the side of Grumble and the filling button - after 3 years of mastering the art of parking in exactly the right place too...)

Reply to
Mother

Is this consistent across several different BP/other stations? I'd be tempted to tell the local trading standards. Weights and Measures infringements are taken seriously...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I only realised it was the BP stations (3 different ones) whilst calculating the VAT and making sure I had all the till slips. My fuel log now records which 'brand' of station, location and ppL whereas before I only recorded the amount put in and total cost.

I'd be interested to see if this is actually a pattern on a broader scale.

Reply to
Mother

"Mother" wrote

I once asked the guy at my local small independent gas outfit why I got more gas in from them than I did at the petrol stations. He said that it was because he'd got his pump coneccted to a 3-phase electricity supply (is that right?) and that his pump was thus simply stronger.

Olly

Reply to
Olly R

Would that have been on April 1st by any chance? Since the gas is delivered in (effectively - there will be some vapour involved) liquid form then the temperature it is stored at is going to be significant as it is being measured by volume. Every liquid (except water, luckily*) becomes more dense the colder it is.

Richard

*water is at its most dense at 4'C, which is very lucky for fish in ponds/lakes/rivers
Reply to
beamendsltd

You therefore need to refine your 'parking in the right place' and go for somewhere that they can't see from the desk then! (thats how you have to fill up metal jerry cans at some of the garages round here!).

You could make a new wooden block that fits inside the handle of the pump and holds the trigger in?

Reply to
Tom Woods

LPG - has a sensible trigger lock, (just like petrol pumps used to have when we were allowed to think for ourselves) - you control flow by pressing a button on the pump.

Reply to
Mother

I meant to say, it will potentially warm up a bit between the two tanks.....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd