LRII 2001, 4x4 transmission auto,constant wheel drive confussion

Not much shagging room though.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Hi all,

As you know the 4x4 gear stick has two range, up for (L)ow rang, centre for (N)eutral on down for (H)igh rang

I can only drive if either the sick in in Hi or Low, is this normal? when engaged in (N)eutral position and the select the Drive( 4th Gear) the car dose not go,

My other 4x4 Suzuki i had the option in disengaging off the 4x4 by leaving it in Neutral for normal and 2xwheel city driving.

Yet this land rover seems to want to select constant 4x wheel drive either high( manual suggest this is to be selected for normal road use or dirt terrain) or low.

Im thinking that this land rover II 2001,is constant all wheel drive even, which i do not want I prefer city driving only 2xwheel drive.

Is this normal, how can i fix the problem, is this really constant all wheel driver High range, this would cost me allot in fuel, any advise

Reply to
laz

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles wibbled :

They don't recognise countries period!

Reply to
GbH

Well, in fairness, Wales is not *really* a country, is it? We wouldn't regard indivdual American states as "countries", but arguably, they have as much or more status as "countries" than Wales, England, or Scotland.

Our country, at least from the rest of the world's perspective, is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, often sensibly abbreviated to "UK".

Reply to
Madhatchetsbrother

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.cit-news.com, Madhatchetsbrother wibbled :

I agree except that a lot of the world regard it as being Britain, or merely England.

Reply to
GbH

LOL, yeah, even we get confused by that, so we can hardly blame stoopid foreigners for getting it wrong!

Reply to
Madhatchetsbrother

Except that Wales doesn't even share the same language as England, as anyone who has been there can testify. In fact, in common with the Irish and the Scots, England is held in poor regard by the natives, hence the wish to distance themselves from being English or being associated with the English [scum]. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble. I am not a nationalist personally and believe in GB, but the English might as well know where they stand in the eyes of others lest they be under any false illusion.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Yes, it's a common phenomenon that satellite societies have a superiority complex with regard to their more significant neighbours. Canadians look down on Americans, New Zealanders look down on Ozzies, Zimbabweans (used to) look down on South Africans, and people from Stellenbosch look down on people from Cape Town...

Usually, though, there is no corresponding sense of inferiority, so I suspect most English people are ingnorant of, or happily ignore any such hostility. So I don't suppose anyone's bubble is really burst! :)

Reply to
Madhatchetsbrother

I think most English people know what the parasite states (hehe) think of us, particularly around football time. As for Scotland, I grew up there, and the Scottish will use any excuse whatsoever to hate anyone and everyone, religion, colour, nationality, road you were born on, just about anything. I certainly never regarded myself as Scottish despite spending almost all of my early to mid childhood there, they were such a miserable lot!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Thanks!

Reply to
Dougal

Cheer up man! ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

'Snot exactly unusual, but also not likely to make them terribly popular with the Welsh.

Reply to
EMB

On or around Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:01:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@none.com (Madhatchetsbrother) enlightened us thusly:

I'd like to hope that there was a chance that something addressed to somewhere-or-other, Dallas, Texas might get there from here without the "USA" bit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It's a magic thing the postal service really. My surname, the name of the village I (sometimes) inhabit, and the letters NZ will get mail from anywhere in the world delivered to me.

I dare say you can do even better though Austin - I'll try sending a postcard to your postcode and see what happens.

Reply to
EMB

How do you work that out, then?

Reply to
Rich B

"It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine". (P G Wodehouse)

Reply to
Rich B

Well, it didn't *look* like English...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Wed, 21 Mar 2007 07:46:39 +1200, EMB enlightened us thusly:

you need the house name as well, to be a unique address. although the posties mostly know where everyone lives.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've got a US map of the world somewhere (I see if I can find it), basically it's got North America, grudgingly Canada, Mexico as a source of cheap labour, Europe as a theme park and everywhere else as "Here Be Dragons".

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Texas must gain some status from threatening to ceceed from the Union and join the Commonwealth in 18??

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd