LRII 2001, 4x4 transmission auto,constant wheel drive confussion

House number or name will do, with the post code - they like a name but it's not essential.

My favourite address to date is one in Mongolia we sent a Td5 switch to, it was almost litteraly:

A Bloggs (American) Somewhereunspellable Mongolia

I still have visions of some bloke travelling for days on a yak or something, arriving in the middle of a huge area of deserted steppe and shouting "Anyone expecting a parcel?"...

Ireland is good too - they have post codes in theory, but I was asked not to use them as they confuse things!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

From where I'm sitting (England) it's a Principality (ducks and runs for cover :-) )

Reply to
Andrew

As an ex-English teacher [1], I can assure you that plenty of native speakers write worse than that!

[1] Long ago, don't go there.
Reply to
Rich B