Malvern

same excellent quality and atmosphere - clean bogs, litter-pickers, hot water in the bogs and showers, etc.

not so many people wandering around but I think maybe more campers. All the usual commercial suspects present, AFAICS, but not that many auto-jumble types - I gather LRO, foolishly, want to discourage them. They'll ruin their show if they do, IMHO; and I reckon we should all write and tell 'em.

results:

replacement speedo which works properly and bonus tripmeter. unusual series III instrument head with a voltmeter, for 4 quid! new petrol pump from the orphanage for 15 quid.

negative result: another dud speedo (but it only cost a tenner) £3.30 for a cheeseburger.

Met: Bill Tasso and subset of offspring, very nice to meet up and pleasant offspring as well. Dave French showed up briefly, he's been learning stealth camping, slunk in unnoticed (we were almost-opposite where he parked on the sadly-empty 101 FCC&R stand), on the Saturday evening, sundry people photographing the 6x6 on Sunday and then he slunk off again before Sunday evenings B&B[1] session.

Sunday night a random couple and small wild child in a well-used SWB SIII showed up, and we said "why not join us for a beer?" - they went off and found a tent somewhere, returning with it tied to the roof, and stayed the night. Gave 'em tea and butties in the morning... Naturally, I've forgotten their names, but I expect Simon will remember. They went of bearing a GLASS application form...

All in all a nice show, as per last year.

[1] Barbie & Beer
Reply to
Austin Shackles

and not so many chavs.

our camping spot had the only defender in a sea of discos - obviously marked us out. lost count of the number of folk wondering if we had a 'thing' they could borrow.

Agreed - the jumble 'stalls' are a major attraction at any show.

but how about a basic product/general knowledge test for the stall-holders ...

o What is a Land Rover o Which way is up o Write your name

o bumperette thingies o groovy narrow lights that will fit in the 110 bumper o disco lifting dash repair kit

all around 50%-60% of the advertised online price

all par for the course I fear - kiddies sweets at the fun-fair were astonishingly expensive.

Heh - you haven't met the others :)

btw: they love the purple LWB - nice job.

under the cover of daylight - damn that camo is good.

Gary, Gizette, Kai - I think

Aye - the kids came home tired but happy - the little one is still sleeping.

Young lass is still going on about getting a bright blue defender when she's "big".

Many thanks for the Barbie(s) chaps - good to meet up.

Reply to
William Tasso

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:35:18 +0100, "William Tasso" scribbled the following nonsense:

o New military indicator lense for £3 when most others wanted £10!!! (only thing I bought!)

yes, another excellent show, has set the standard yet again to which all other greedy money grabbing magazines would do well to match.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs