Savannah Follies

Rick Courtier stopped by last night an a layover for a biz trip up to Savannah. He is so efficient ... It's only 150 miles out of his way ... Some guys will do anything for a place to sleep (with a stocked fridge) and a car show to go to... Did I say efficient? He even brought his own beer! (Maybe he knows I have rotten taste in brewskies...) He showed up at 3pm, it rained buckets at 4pm (and I am darned happy for the rain, thank you!) We ordered a mess-O-Chinese food and pigged out last night. The B&T Center was thoroughly tested out. The guest relations department was shut down this morning, so no feedback was accepted. We are off to a small car show in Savannah in an hour where we'll meet up with Pat Skelly and scare the wimmen'.... More later... Jeff (16 mpg on my last tank full...damned high performance belly button motors ) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Bill Glass

Well, he's (Rick Courtier) outa here, and on his way up to Atlanta to bug Jerry Forrester... Yesterday we went to a local car show in Savannah near Pat Skelly's place. Pat and Emily came over to the show in their brand-x (so the wimmen' could go off shopping).. We had a blast just hangin' around chatting with the locals. Rick had the long distance award locked up, but he didn't register (and they didn't have a long distance award)....so there .. I did register and tossed a fin in the donation bucket (it was a free show).. I got called up to the announcer booth (the back of a pickup truck with a geetar amplifier in the back. A well chosen award was bestowed on me... A sliced ham gift certificate. They know their audience, fer sure .. After the show (which ended at 2'ish) we drove over and cruised River Street in Savannah. It was 'First Friday' where they have art and doo-dad vendors and music, and food all over the place. Real big crowd. Lot's to do. Went down and parked the Stude's at the Marriott underground parking lot. (Bought a brewskie to validate the parking, which they never checked)... Walked the show for quite a long tome. Made another pass through with the Stude to pick Pat up to drop him off at his Tahoe so the gals could get picked up.. Went out for supper and headed back to Deep-N-Hock Acres. Put our feet up and watched nuthin' on TV until unconsciousness took over. Didn't do much of anything this morning (which felt good for a change). Rick took off for Atlanta and Carrie pulled out the makin's for a turkey supper extravaganza.. (You left too soon Rick...MMMMmmmm) Jeff

"Jeff Rice" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice