Marine paint PQ 17 or summat ?

Could anybody tell me of a supplier of this Marine paint which I have heard is the dogs ....... as far as protection of steel is concerned. In Kent preferably. I suppose a starting point would be a good chandlers ? Rear X member requires a little attention now !!

Ta John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

Do you mean POR-15?

frosts

sell it in the UK. It is pretty good. I did the underside of one of my cars in that and the other in hammerite. The hammerite has needed re-doing after 12 months but the POR-15 is doing alright after 2 years (though the POR-15'd car has done less miles)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Cheers; problem is they seem to have 2 types ? Ordinary paint and chassis paint, which did you use ?

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

I think i used the normal one in black.

when using it wear gloves and a jumper as t will not come off your skin until you wear it off naturally!

It will not stick to smooth surfaces, and prefers rust. on smooth bits it can be peeled off once dry - so let a bit of rust settle on anything before painting it if its fresh metal. Where i painted it on rust it is really hard, much better than hammerite but it costs more too.

It also says it can be painted in very wet/humid conditions which is a bonus at this time of year!

Reply to
Tom Woods
"

OK thanks for the info. I will get some and have a go. Mind I might try to wire / grind the rust off and leave a rough surface.

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's