Military Series 2A identification help

Dear All

I am trying to identify a Series 2A land rover:

Chassis no.: 25100662A Engine no. L3601210A

Long Wheelbase ex military LWB.

The Army Transport Museum in Beverley has CLOSED. Does anyone know where the records have gone to?

Cheers Steamcoaster

Reply to
Steamcoaster

Model: Land Rover, Series IIA Body type: Basic Wheel base: 109in Engine: petrol Model years: 1962-1971 Destination: Home market, right-hand drive (RHD)

00662 Serial number A Design: Unmodified Suffix used October 1961 till March 1963

From bunging your chassis no into calvin

From my web site
one this. It's a Frequently Asked Question, often by people who arehoping that their Lane Rover May be Tax Exempt. How do I find out when my Land Rover was made? And similar things along those lines.

OK, straight to the point:-

The CalVIN web site is as good a place as any to start.

After that

The Heritage Center at Gayden nr Banbury keep all the Land Rover build history and for a small fee they will give you a letter of proof of the built date the will be acceptable to DVLA.

the traceability section at the factory can date it for you and the service is free

Send your Chassis number etc to...

Chassis Registrations,

Block 19,

Land Rover,