MOD LandRovers

While in Folkstone a couple of weeks ago I saw two army LandRovers that looked like the type the RUC? use (or used to) in Northan Ireland. They had "confidential telephone freephone 0800 (then the number)" on the side. Are these used over here now? They were with several Army personal (at least they looked like army). They military number plates on them. Richard

Reply to
Richard

After the riots in Bradford a few years ago, I saw a few of them knocking about, they must have special equipment onboard as well as the armour etc. I haven't seen them since.

I hope to never see them again after that disgusting show of strength by the Asian youth.

Reply to
Nige

In news:xXead.31680$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Richard blithered:

The RUC (now PSNI) ones are now painted white, but otherwise unchanged, The army ones, which I don't think the RUC ever used, remain army coloured, but are no longer as active as once they were.

Reply to
GbH

Aw don't blame the poor wee landys because of what others did, I miss seeing convoys of armoured Combis hairing about looking for trouble. Once saw 22 of them coming out of one road after a parade. Put me in mind of the start of Jim'll fix it when all those kids poured out of the roller!

A mate in the main stores tells me that they get less than 2 mph what with all that armour to carry around. All rendered useless of course cos as soon as a dear cop drops one, they have to drive along with the door 6" open to get a bit of ventilation!

Reply to
Martin Edwards