Monster number 2

Hi folks, Several of you will have met my younger son, Jonathan, 5; and I know you will all wish him well, as he goes into hospital (Alder Hey) today for major surgery on his hip tomorrow morning. After that (and two days or so on morphine....heyyyyy) he is in a Spica or frog cast for three months, from his feet to mid-chest !! Hopefully he will be out, up and running by the Durham unofficial 101 meet, but we don't know exactly, there may need to be further operations.

He should leave hospital this time next week, or possibly later.

I would REALLY love to pick him up after all this trauma in a 101 ambi, preferably with crosses on, but mine is off the road for the intermediate future.

Anyone here know the owner of an ambi in the Lancs area that would do this for a consideration ?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On or around Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:11:09 +0000, Steve enlightened us thusly:

best wishes and best of luck to 'im. hope it all goes smoothly.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Did you get my email (last week) about this, Steve?

Reply to
Mother

Steve,

It's not all bad - the spica is great for helping around the Land Rover. When my son was in one (he was almost 3 years old and broke his femur at nursery by missing a football....!?!?!) we had him helping :

There are more pics in there :-)

Ah what memories....

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Surprised you missed the almost obvious opportunity for the fake 'Hi-Lift jack foot' photo...

Reply to
Mother

Sorry, can't help with the ambi ... but wish the lad all the luck in the world for a speedy and complete recovery :-))

Reply to
SteveG

...and Steve spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Lovely lad, we all wish him well (and yourselves, of course).

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Pass on our support for him. For you, remember kids are remarkably resilient and will tolerate far more than than one might expect. With our two I find it best to be open and honest, if it's going to hurt tell 'em but also give them the support and comfort they need.

Durham, 101, meet. When, where (OK Durham, but that is a whole county...)

What are Jonathans views on this? Personally I wouldn't have thought a

101 field ambi would be the most comfortable thing to transported about in when encarsarted in plaster a few days after a major hip operation...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks for the kind words.

Dave Liquorice wrote:

No my meet, but hang out in the 101 group on Yahoo and look out for Graeme posting - its his baby.

Apparently the pain comes hard and sharp - it hurts so badly afterwards he will have an epidural for two or three days, whatever they feel deals with what he is dealing with, then possibly morphine for a bit until things taper off rapidly to the Ibuoprofen stage before he is released - which is only when his pain management is sorted.

I strongly suspect that he will ignore most kinds of pain to ride in an ambi - and its motorway all the way home. And we have bought a very large bean bag for cushioning him.

My son is a very determined little boy. On Sunday, having a final joint tidy up of his bedroom, we threatened to withdraw eating priveleges unless the little buggers actually did tidy rather than hit each other. "Ha, we'll see about THAT" says Jonny (5).....

ATB

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Sometime in May, previous years:

2005 - 7th & 8th May 2004 - 21st - 23rd May 2003 - 31st May & 1st June

Yeah right. This is Jonathan Taylor we're talking about. A more robust Monster would be hard to find. We're thinking of making him an honorary Yorkshireman!

Reply to
Mother

Thanks to all our AFL friends who have sent best wishes to Jonny. He left hospital this afternoon, courtesy of the skills of the surgeons and nurses at Alder Hey, and my friend Cliff W, and his 101 Ambi, Hobbes.

Some piccies.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Good show and well done Cliff!

Reply to
Mother

Hope he didn't have to use the light sabres above his head!.. \ :) get well soon matey!

Reply to
Robin

He WAS mightily impressed by someone who carried them ready for action. I haven't tried to convince him Cliff is a Jedi yet....

Steve

Reply to
Steve