Morph is in the house!!!!!

Good point, I'm on a 26inch monitor & dont see any issues with anyones posts!

Reply to
Nige

do & it will be done!

ive never used quotefix, but ive googled and i reckon:

you want the line length to be about 80 characters.

it needs to be set in both outlook and oe-quotefix

in outlook

Menu>Tools>Options...>Send>

News Sending Format (/) Plain Text [Plain Text Settings...] Automatically Wrap Characters at {x} characters when sending. [OK]

apparently for quotefix:

Right click the icon in your task bar and select *Show Dialog* Then you get a box whixch lets you set the line length and quote character.

ive no idea if any of that will work!

Reply to
Tom Woods

I'll let you know matey!!

Reply to
Nige

type mirrors that will fit?

Their Northern depot is about 200 yards from here.

Steve

Reply to
steve

mine was fine when i had a desktop puter with a big monitor.

im now using a laptop and am forced to use 1024x768.

this line just fits in my window without any scrolling across.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Nice one, cheers matey!

Reply to
Nige

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 20:22:16 -0000, "Nige" scribbled the following nonsense:

the thing is fine, if i

does it, but you mask it

timing chain issue that i

the parping when you get

lot of levers!!!

couple of times, so i kept

was spinning but not

of what causing it.

the ignition key & it

keys had turned him off!!!

mirrors that will fit?

Nige, Tim had managed to get hold of some 7.5t lorry mirrors for burrt, which I have continued to use. They are much bigger than the standard 101 items, and once time and funds allow they will be swapped for the heated ones to keep them dry when it rains. Can see loads in 'em compared to the originals.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 20:42:30 -0000, "Nige" scribbled the following nonsense:

do & it will be done!

I use Agent, find it easier to use than MS Outlook....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

open the control dialog, probably from your systray, set the 'wrap at column' to

72 or less.

'hide'

do not 'terminate' !!!!!

Reply to
GbH

There you go Nige, get Steve to knock up a shelf for the cooker (ally) while you do your shopping :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Steve

Reply to
steve

I've had someone who had right of way lock their brakes up and skid to a halt as I pulled up at the junction, for some reason *they* gave

*me* a dirty look. I suppose you get that kind of thing too.
Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Nige, welcome to the world of 101 ownership!

Neil - Bumble our FC101 Radio Body Trans-African Veteran

PS Am I missing something or is the only way to read this forum on the web or via digest? Would like to downlaod individual emails as I always seem to be a day behind the conversation.

Reply to
bumble101

what are you reading it with?

this 'forum' is actually a usenet newsgroup. (defenition of usenet -

). it is much like a lot of emails arranged into threads.

you need to locate a usenet/news server (your isp will probably have one or you can pay a small amount for a better one). find some newsreader software (outlook will do it, but something like agent

is better and then you are off.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Tue, 7 Nov 2006 20:45:16 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

I've got a neato wide-screen monitor, 1440x900 pixels[1]. But the stuff is wrapping nicely in Agent, here.

[1]
FWIW. Seems good sofar.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

The forum works on a system known as "usenet", using a protocol called "nntp", the web/digest access methods are just front-ends added on top by some sites.

You need a "news" client or "nntp" client, and an ISP who provides an "nntp" server. For client software try Forte Agent and for an nntp server ask your ISP or try the following;

server = nntp.aioe.org server = news.opera.com

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Wraps nicely here too - at any resolution from 1024x768 (laptop) to

1920x1440.
Reply to
EMB

As others have said ... o First get access to a news server o configure a news client[1] to use it

For a little background ... maybe the text & links here will help ...

[1] There are many, I currently use the M2 facilities bundled with the Opera browser.

Reply to
William Tasso

There is a news client built into Thunderbird and Mozilla too.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Thanks for all the pointers and from reading them it appears I need to run an application on my PC which is where it falls down. I view the group from 3 different PC's only one of which is exclusively mine. Big Brother at work blocks software installations, Presently I view through GoogleGroups and have 3 daily digest emails. I am also a member of another GoogleGroup which allows individual email downloads in its option, I assume this is not a 'usenet' setup but Google Groups.

Neil

William Tasso wrote:

Reply to
bumble101