Morph is in the house!!!!!

I'm sure i saw a tear in Lee's eye........................

Wow!! What a drive, top drawer fun.

I'll post some questions tonight!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

How the f*ck did you get a 101 though the door?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

LOL!!!!

Reply to
Nige

Sneak in behind a Challenger tank?

Reply to
William Tasso

Dodging the bollards, of course....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

You're deliberately trying to make me jealous ain't ya..................

Knowing that I have to drive past your place every day to and from work .............

.....................Smurf

Reply to
Smurf

The odd thing is on the way home i saw another ambi in Bradford, an X reg, got big waves & smiles from the driver. Anyone here? Long haired chap!

Reply to
Nige

Probably will only be here at weekends etc, but you cannot really miss him out front tonight!

Reply to
Nige

Theres something about driving a 101 isnt there! (perhaps some of it is due to the funny looks you get ;) )

I'm glad you are enjoying it :), its great when people move out of your way. Does morph still have his siren?.....

I presume Lee has briefed you on the diff lock? (if it wont turn off then you need to stop and do some reversing and it will go off) and if you leave him parked up for a couple of weeks expect it to feel like the tyres are square until you have driven a couple of miles. and dont forget to turn your lights off. The stupid military switch always gets me!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods wrote: The stupid military switch

Line straight up. Thats how I remember it Steve

Reply to
steve

mine is now in a box in the loft and i have a normal switch for my lights instead!

Reply to
Tom Woods

OK, a few questions, please bare in mind I'm a 101 virgin!!

The popping seems to be a load related problem. If i hardlt touch the throttle, the thing is fine, if i use half throttle it coughs, pops & rattles, if i use full throttle it still does it, but you mask it with all the racket etc. Anyone got any ideas, it's not any kind of follower or timing chain issue that i can see as it's intermittant & that would surely be all the time. It only does the parping when you get the rattle.

What is the knob thingy next to the diff lock, Lee did tell me, but there's a lot of levers!!!

I had a few problems with the starter today too, it felt like it had jammed a couple of times, so i kept at it & then it barked into life. Then a couple of times it felt like the thing was spinning but not engaging IYSWIM. Both times it got going so no problem, but would like to find of what causing it.

the one that shit me up good & proper was i had my rather large buch of keys on the ignition key & it just died on me going over a bumpo, then I realised the weight of the bunch of keys had turned him off!!!

MIRRORS, major panic attack, they are just horrific, anyone got any conzex type mirrors that will fit? Any ideas as i reversed over me next doors lawn!!

Smiling like a good 'un though, you do get a lot of looks don't you?

Reply to
Nige

WTF happened to the spelling on that post? I checked it too?

Reply to
Nige

the thing is fine, if i

does it, but you mask it

timing chain issue that i

the parping when you get

lot of levers!!!

Which knob?

There is a tap to turn the heaters on, and a pull thingy to move the heater blower between cab and demist (i think this is beside my diff lock). You should then have a hand throttle (which may have a little 'stool' type rest with it) and a choke (which i presume you have found already!)

mirrors that will fit?

They are indeed crap. Im surprised lee has coped with them for so long! I replaced mine after the first time i drove mine on a dual carriageway and had to slip in. I have a pair of truck mirrors on mine. Cant help with suppliers but a couple of my mates are truck mechanics and they fell off trucks at their workplaces (I actually have 2 halves of 2 slightly mismatching sets where they have replaced one) If you search through the 101 yahoo list archives people have discussed them on there.

sometimes old people pull over and get out of your way. made me smile for days :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

My money is on the advance retard or distributor... though that said It could just be the timing needing a tweek. I didn't think it was pinking as it sounded different on my Rangie V8 when that was pinking.... then again I wasn't sat on the engine of the rangie so pinking it could be.

Other thing to note is that the mixtures are set using a Gunsons Colour tune and Gunsons Gas tester with the carbs balanced by ear. The pop seems to be in the passender side elbow on the carb from my observations. Mixtures were set at the lowest end of richness, you may need to richen the carbs. They were proffesionally reconditioned at great cost though so I'm pretty happy the carbs themselves are fine.

If it's the one I'm thinking it's the flap for the air vent.

If it doesn't fire up it'll be one of two things.

  1. Ignition switch - has a wobbley occasionally but a wiggle usually has it sorted.
  2. The trigger wire which runs to the starter solenoid from the relay under the back of the drivers seat... you'll see a horrid red wire which was on my list of tu'its just below the drivers side manifold.

If it sticks on which is has done a couple of times in the past it'll be the ignition switch again. Maybe the buncha-keys upset it as it had been fine for the last 18 months or so.... I once got out and had the barrel still on the key!, may be worth bunging another switch on.

:-D hence my 'ickle bunch.... I should have given you the T shirt ;-)

Yeah, especially the passenger one it's pants for lane changes, I did have a biggun on that side but bought those two new to have a matching pair and was bitterly disappointed with them. Look up your local truck suppliers, they will probably do you just the lenses conver that will slip in the existing mirror rubbers.

Instant landrover show on parking... just add wannabe rivet counter ;-)

Reply to
Lee_D

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

It's a Morph thing.... mine is fine now.

lol!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I didnt notice any mistooks!

ps. when are you going to fix your line lengths cos i can never get your whole post to fit on the screen and its a PITA having to scroll back and forth :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

My best one was when the last Fire strike was on. I was sat waiting at a roundabout and then two cars on the (sunken - Newcaste) roundabout stopped in their tracks to let me out, must have thought I was in a Green Goddess! Did chuckle!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I'm using quotefix, I HATE all other newsreaders i have tried, tell me what to do & it will be done!

Reply to
Nige

Reads fine here but I'm using quotefix too...... Hows mine to everyone else as in if you keep reading now are you going off the page or have you got a

42" monitor in which case I'm highly jealous and you can suffer ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D